As Sheetz, a $6-billion, Altoona-based family convenience store chain continued to grow and add thousands of new Team Members, the need to put structure and organization around HR Analytics dramatically increased. The HR organization had a large amount of HR data at their fingertips but the lack of HR Analytics created ambiguity around how to invest in Team Members and which employee initiatives provide the most benefit in both the short term and long term. There was little insight to how much impact HR investments had on the business’ bottom line because they lacked clear understanding of business partners’ needs.
We collaborated with Sheetz leadership to define an overall HR Analytics strategy. Our team:
- Identified how to source, maintain, distribute, and automate key HR Analytics in the future
- Designed a ranking system based on the priority and complexity of the analytics required
- New level of productive collaboration between HR, HRIS, and Corporate IT
- Immediate improvements without significant change or expense
- Adoption of tools to implement long-term improvements to HR Analytics